4. Push the two bolts with toggle nuts through the drywall, and
nger tighten the bolts to make sure toggle nuts have
opened against drywall.
5. Insert lag screw(s) into the hole(s) drilled into wall stud(s) in
Step 2 of “Installation for No Wall Studs at End Holes” in the
“Drill Holes in Rear Wall” section.
6. Check alignment of mounting plate, making sure it is level.
7. Securely tighten all lag screws and bolts.
Wall Stud at One End Hole (Figure 3)
1. With the support tabs of the mounting plate facing forward,
insert a 3/16-24 x 3" round-head bolt through the end
hole that ts over the 5/8" (16 mm) hole drilled in Step 3 of
“Installation for Wall Stud at One End Hole” in the “Drill Holes
in Rear Wall” section.
2. Start a toggle nut on the bolt from the back of the mounting
plate. Leave enough space for the toggle nut to go through
the wall and to open.
3. Position mounting plate on the wall.
4. Push the bolt with toggle nut through the drywall, and nger
tighten the bolt to make sure toggle nut has opened against
5. Insert a lag screw into the remaining end hole.
6. If installing on a second wall stud, insert a lag screw into the
other hole drilled in Step 2 of “Installation for Wall Stud at
One End Hole” in the “Drill Holes in Rear Wall” section.
7. Check alignment of mounting plate, making sure it is level.
8. Securely tighten the lag screw(s) and bolt.
Wall Studs at Both End Holes (Figure 4)
1. Position mounting plate on the wall.
2. Insert lag screws into both end holes.
3. Check alignment of mounting plate, making sure it is level.
4. Securely tighten the lag screws.
Prepare Upper Cabinet
1. Disconnect power to outlet.
2. Remove all contents from upper cabinet.
3. Place cardboard template against the bottom of the upper
cabinet, make sure the template centerline aligns with the
vertical centerline on the rear wall.
The “rear wall” arrows must be against the rear wall so that
the holes cut into the upper cabinet align with the holes in
the top of the microwave oven.
■ If the wall behind the microwave oven (as installed) has a
partial wall covering (for example, tile backsplash), be sure
the “Rear Wall” arrows align to the thickest part of the rear
wall (for example, the thickness of the tiles rather than the
4. Make sure the 10" (25.4 cm) dimension from the rear wall to
points “D” and “E” on the template is maintained.
5. Cut the 1
" (3.8 cm) diameter hole at the circular shaded
area “G” on the template. This hole is for the power supply
NOTE: If upper cabinet is metal, the supply cord bushing needs
to be installed around the supply cord hole as shown.
6. Drill 3/8" (10 mm) holes at points “D” and “E” on the
template. These are for two 1/4-20 x 3" bolts and washers
used to secure the microwave oven to the upper cabinet.
For Roof Venting Installation Only:
7. Cut 3/4" (1.9 cm) hole at one corner of the shaded
rectangular area “F” on Cardboard Template.
8. Using a keyhole saw, cut out the rectangular area.
A. 3/16-24 x 3" round-head bolt
B. Mounting plate
C. Spring toggle nut
A. Metal cabinet
B. Power supply cord bushing
Rear Wall Mur arrière