LOCK (Parental Control)
Blocks playback of rated DVDs based on their
content. Not all discs are rated.
1. Select “Rating” on the LOCK menu then
2. To access the LOCK options, you must input the
password you have created. If you have not yet
entered password, you are prompted to do so.
Input a password and press ENTER. Enter it again
and press ENTER to verify. If you make a mistake
before pressing ENTER, press CLEAR.
3. Select a rating from 1 to 8 using the v / V buttons.
Rating 1-8: Rating one (1) has the most
restrictions and rating eight (8) is the least
Unlock: If you select unlock, parental control is
not active and the disc plays in full.
4. Press ENTER to confirm your rating selection, then
press SETUP to exit the menu.
You can enter or change password.
1. Select Password on the LOCK menu then press B.
2. Follow step 2 as shown above (Rating).
To change the password, press ENTER when the
“Change” option is highlighted. Input a password
and press ENTER. Enter it again and press
ENTER to verify.
3. Press SETUP to exit the menu.
If you forget your password
If you forget your password, you can clear it using the
1. Press SETUP to display the Setup menu.
2. Input the 6-digit number “210499” and press
ENTER. The password is cleared.
Enter the code of the area whose standards were
used to rate the DVD video disc, based on the list on
1. Select “Area Code” on the LOCK menu then
2. Follow step 2 as shown left (Rating).
3. Select the first character using v / V buttons.
4. Press B and select the second character using
v / V buttons.
5. Press ENTER to confirm your Area code selection.